Stage. This free app is designed to turn your iPad into an interactive whiteboard or document camera.
You have the ability to annotate over the top of the iPad camera, live, without taking the picture. Tools include a Pen, an eraser, several colors, and sticky notes. The only tool missing is a highlighter pen. The app is only a couple months old, so I'm hoping an update will provide enhancements.
If you are using Apple TV or Reflection, you don't need to be tethered to your document camera, as Stage will let you take your document camera with you.
A few possibilities include
- annotating on top of a worksheet without importing the image into another app
- annotating on top of student work
- annotating on top of a student science lab experiment
- annotating on top of math manipulatives constructed by a student
- annotating on top of a student's art project