Youtube: Subscribe to channels that are of interest. Many great online webinars will post their sessions to youtube for later watching.
Some channels to subscribe to:
- Google in Education - just posted their EduOnAir sessions - 45 different topics about all things google.
- YouTube Teachers - Choose from a list of topics that are relevant to you.
- TEDTalks and TEDEducation - 18 minute long talks from some of the world renown leaders in all areas.
Podcasts: On the music player of your iPad (have you used it yet?) you can download many free podcasts to listen to on your own time. Some great iPad or Education focused podcasts are:
- Appy Hours 4 U (30 episodes and counting)
- Learning in Hand by Tony Vincent
- Appysmarts: Best Kids apps for iPad and iPhone reviewed
- Tech Chick Tips - tips and tricks geared towards educators working on integrating technology into their curriculum.
|Flipboard on the iPad|
Here is a few resources for more information:
15 Fantastic Ways to Use Flipboard from Cool Cat Teacher Blog
If You Like Flipboard, Check Out Zite - It's Easier to Use by ReadWriteWeb
Sign in and follow the hashtags that are of interest to you.
I like: #edtech, #edchat, #mlearning, #ipadchat, #ipaded..... to name a few.
I also follow some of my favorite bloggers, which is nice because they often tweet a link when they post to their blog.
For those of you wanting a little guidance here is: The Ultimate Twitter Guidebook For Teachers by Edudemic
Of course, if you like real people interaction style professional development, don't forget to sign up for PadCamps happening out here in Eastern Oregon in June and July!