There are several strategies you can use to get links to students. You may have created a web page with links, entered links into an Edmodo library, or saved links in a bookmarks folder on a computer. Another strategy is to create a direct link to a website on your iPad.
To do this navigate to the website using Safari on your iPad. Find the "share with" button and click "add to home screen".
Below are a bakers dozen websites as examples for iPads or iPods intended for student use. There are many many more choices, so please leave a comment if there is another good website you'd recommend. And as a reminder, safari does not support flash so be sure your website is not dependent upon that technology.
News Related Sites for Students
1. Tween Tribune - student news magazine
2. Youngzine - student news magazine
3. CNN student news - student channel from CNN
4. Channel One - student news channel
Science Related Sites for Students
5. National Geographic for Kids - collection of science related materials for students
6. Planet Archive - collection of images and videos from our planet, many good animal resources
7. Smithsonian Museums and Zoo - access to museums and zoos from Smithsonian
Reading and Research Related Sites for Students
8. Internet Public Library for Kids - free public library for students
9. Childrens Storybooks Online - younger students books online
10. Page by Page Books Online - young adult and adult books online
History Sites for Students
11. Lewis and Clark - example of a historical topic for Lewis and Clark
12. This Day in History - History Channel's "This Day in History"
Learning Response System for Students
13. Socrative Student Login - student access to join a socrative room, teacher access would be on teacher device