Objective : To become more familiar with the iPad by using 21st Century Learning skills preferred by students. Then start exploring and finding what fits in your classroom.
8:30-9:30 iPad Functions with Q&ABasic Settings
9:30-10:00 Activity 1: Design your Lock Screen
- Use Phonto to create and save your image
- Find photo and share button to Wallpaper
- Use as Lock Screen
- The app in the classroom: A vocabulary word lesson or label an image.
10:15-10:45 Activity 2: Create a Digital Story
- Topic: Inside My Classroom or Your Summer Experience
- The App: 30hands
- Collect the photos first, then use the app to verbalize thoughts on each photo.
- Use share button in app to publish movie to camera roll
- The app in the classroom: Solve a math problem, explain a science experiment, tell a story, or talk about something in history.
10:45-11:15 Activity 3: Explore different grade appropriate appsSome apps to try out
- Educreations - a virtual whiteboard
- Bitsboard - a Flashcard creator app, great for ELL
- QR Code Reader : I-nigma
- Book Magic - an app to create story books
- Number Pieces - a Math manipulative
- Click on Apps tab from above and find more apps to try